Friday 13 November 2015

G324 - Digipak Plans

I have planned two potential digipaks to accompany our music video and magazine advert. Both of the designs are reflective of Frank Turner's genre and style of album. This makes them relevant for the task and has also allowed me to experiment with the design software available in order to ensure that when creating our real digipak, we have some idea of what photographs to get and how we would be able to manipulate them effectively for their purpose.

Plan 1:
For my first plan, I decided to make the front and rear panels look like polaroid pictures in order to reflect the content of the album. However, I also wanted to reflect the traditional folk genre, hence the close ups of the guitar and the train tracks. These are common themes within folk albums and therefore allow my digipak to fit in with this genre. I also wanted the digipak to reflect Frank Turner's own style which was why I decided to combine the use of photographs with graphics. I then chose photographs which reflected Frank Turner's personality and the feel of the song.


Plan 2:
For my second plan, I decided to stray away from Turner's style slightly more. By using more broad imagery, the digipak would attract a wider audience and I felt like the front panel of this digipak did a better job at promoting the mysterious edge that Frank Turner seems to possess. Not only this, but I felt that the first plan had too much to it and that I would benefit from creating a simpler design in order to contrast the two to see which would be more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment